Experience level: 3 years
Do you want to be part of a company that puts innovation and quality at the heart of all its products? We are seeking a proactive, passionate web application developer to develop, maintain and ensure the smooth running of our websites and web applications.
The web application developer will report to our IT director and will be based at our offices in London’s vibrant Borough Market.
You will have a degree-level qualification in computer science or similar, with at least three years’ experience developing web applications using C# in Microsoft .Net Framework in a web developer role. With experience working in an agile development team, you will have used the following patterns and practices:
- Inversion of control
- Ability to develop web applications using the latest Microsoft .NET Framework with:
- ASP.NET MVC, Razor, C#
- Entity Framework
- Ability to write efficient SQL queries and data structures using Microsoft SQL Server
- Good experience of Git or Mercurial using pull requests
- Familiarity with Jira or similar task management systems
- Familiarity with single-page application frameworks
- A passion for using best technology to develop web applications
- Excellent team communication skills, to communicate with other developers
- Proactivity in suggesting areas for improvement in code and processes to make applications and the team more efficient
- Ability to explain technical problems to the non-technical customer services team
- Iteratively develop new application features so that stakeholders can evolve requirements as more is learnt about them
- Write code that follows company patterns and practices, is fit for purpose and is secure with automated tests in conjunction with a senior developer
- Ensure that all code is extensible and futureproof in conjunction with a solutions architect
- Participate in peer reviews with other developers to improve code quality and share knowledge
- Ensure that all feature work is tested before it is sent for QA
- Identify issues in applications reported by the customer services team and locate the underlying cause
- Communicate bug descriptions, including the impact on customers, to the customer services team
- Brief the team’s daily stand-up meeting on the status of your own work in progress and planned work
- Participate in the team retrospective, estimating and planning sessions every two weeks
- Log notes of decision made and other pertinent details in the issue tracking system
Globe’s application development team develops market-leading software as a service and content-based web applications for the international business market. We leverage the latest Microsoft development tools along with agile methodologies and automation to get the best products to customers as efficiently as possible. Key focuses include a world-class candidate management systems and bespoke content distribution platforms tailored to our customers’ needs.
We encourage every team member to take ownership of the products and features they develop. There are no silos or walls in the team: each developer is involved in all elements of the project lifecycle, from specification to development, testing, deployment and maintenance.
Globe’s people are core to our success: we know that great people make great products and also make for a great place to work. Innovation is a core part of our culture; we fuel it with our open working environment, transparency and the freedom we give employees to voice their ideas and opinions.
Established in 1996, Globe Business Media Group is a business-to-business content and connections company, specialising in the legal and intellectual property markets worldwide.
With its head office in London and a regional office in Hong Kong, Globe is a truly international business with clients in more than 100 countries. Globe was recently recognised as one of the London Stock Exchange’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain.
Please complete our short application form. It will only take a few moments.